For Easter this year I decided to make something different than usual, so I opted for the recently popular creme egg rocky road. My recipe is completely vegetarian and contains no raisins (obviously).
140g butter; 180g digestive biscuits; 185g milk chocolate; 185g dark chocolate; 4 teaspoons of golden syrup; 50g mini veggie marshmallows (can be purchased at Holland and Barrett); 2 bags of mini creme eggs
1. Put the mini creme eggs and marshmallows into the freezer to harden them for 2-3 hours (this will be useful when they’re folded into the mixture as they won’t melt).
2. Grease a square 25cm x 25cm baking tray and line it with baking paper.
3. Melt all of the chocolate, all of the butter and all of the golden syrup in a pan and stir…
… until it’s thick and smooth.
4. Break and crush the biscuits until they’re in very small pieces (however not as small as breadcrumbs as the mixture needs to hold together.)
5. Take one of the bags of creme eggs, cut each egg in half and add to the biscuit crumbs, along with the marshmallows.
6. Add three-quarters of the melted chocolate mixture to the biscuit mixture…
… and fold until mixed together.
7. Spoon the mixture into the baking tray evenly and pat down with a spoon to make it even.
8. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the rocky road and spread across to cover the surface.
9. For decoration, add the remaining creme eggs onto the top and firmly press in; I cut them in half and placed them on top in lines so the finished dessert is easy to cut into squares.
10. Leave in the fridge to set for 4-5 hours…
… and cut into squares and enjoy!